First payment due within seven days of receipt of this form.
Balance due 30 days prior to commencement of the rental.
Terms of the Agreement:
1. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
3. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises without permission. No animals are allowed at "Firefly House, "French Quarter" or "Mermaid's Retreat" . Dogs that are allowed must be crated if left unattended in the house. Dogs must not be left in the outside kennel (where applicable) or outside in the yard unless owners are with them. Dogs must be on a leash when outside.
4. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
5. The Tenants shall have no more than 6 persons reside or sleep on the premises.
6. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises.
7. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
8. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper (1 roll), soap, dish detergent, paper towel (1 roll) and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tennant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
9. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
10. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
11. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
12. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
13. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
14. That Tenant cancellations must be made by notifying Lake Superior Vacation Rentals in writing (in email, mail or fax), and have a response from Lake Superior Vacation Rentals. If it is necessary for Tenant to cancel a reservation and the period can be re-rented, Tenant will receive a refund from Lake Superior Vacation Rentals less a cancellation fee of 10% of total rent. If the canceled period cannot be re-rented, the entire amount collected shall be forfeited. If snow grooming equipment is not in operation due to poor weather conditions a full refund will be given to the tenant.
15. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments. .
16. Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws.
17. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. ; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
18. Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet or space”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
19. Tenant is advised that the property contains a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, gas grill, and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
20. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
21. Tenant is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
22. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
23. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be help liable for condition of said items.
24. Dish/CableTV is provided (Not applicable for all rentals; please check with LSVR for more info.) and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
25. Tenant agrees that Air heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat is in operation.